Today, LakeLubbers announced new ownership and a completely updated and redesigned lakelubbers.com. We could not be more excited about this new chapter in LakeLubbers’ journey and what it means for our users and travel partners.
Allow us to introduce ourselves
Hello! We are Jennifer Church and Andie Gibson, friends, business partners and the new owners of LakeLubbers.com. Brian and Lisa Raub, who co-founded LakeLubbers in 2007, transferred ownership to us in April 2021, just before Brian passed away of rare duodenal cancer.
It was the wish of these internet visionaries to entrust LakeLubbers to new stewards who would continue the site’s mission to enthusiastically promote lakes to tourists and those considering making a lake their permanent or second home.
As life-long lake lovers, we are thrilled and honored for the opportunity to take their vision to the next level.
Here’s what’s new with LakeLubbers
Since acquiring the site, we’ve been working to make LakeLubbers more functional, powerful and attractive. In addition to a sleek, mobile-friendly platform, the restructured LakeLubbers.com offers:
- An efficient search function to easily locate information on 1,644 lakes and reservoirs in the United States and 2,151 worldwide
- In-depth lake reviews that include detailed descriptions, history, statistics, weather, specifics on fish species, maps and recreational activity summaries
- An innovative mapping tool that makes it easy to find, compare and book lake rental homes and other accommodations
- Roundups that allow users to compare interesting facts for every state such as largest lakes by acres and volume, deepest lakes and lakes with the longest shorelines
- A robust blog full of exciting destination guides, travel planning tips, excursion inspiration and product reviews
- An online shop with lake-themed apparel, drinkware and home decor items that buyers can personalize
What’s next for LakeLubbers?
In the coming months, we plan to launch phase two of the site, which will include adding resources from travel partners offering complimentary products services to our users.
We’ll also introduce site-wide and lake-specific advertising options so businesses such as sporting goods retailers, restaurants, wineries, breweries, hotels, marinas and real estate companies can reach customers making travel planning and lake relocation decisions.
The plan also includes integration of innovative options for lake vacation rental homeowners and property managers to easily and affordably market their properties.
Our heartfelt thanks
In addition to Brian and Lisa, our heartfelt thanks go out to their daughter Erin Raub, who was instrumental in the development of LakeLubbers from the start, a great help during the ownership transition and continues to be an enthusiastic supporter. Erin, who lives in Costa Rica with her husband Fabian and son Max, owns and operates thetravelcopywriter.com.
Extreme thanks also go out to the talented (and wicked smart) Leigh Silverstein of TWTH Consulting for solving so many critical programming issues when converting LakeLubbers from a database-driven platform to an advanced+ content management system.
And last, but not least, we thank our families (especially ever-patient husbands Chris and David – pictured below) for supporting us in this exciting new venture!