LakeLubbers.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LakeLubbers.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective beginning April 1, 2021.
- What we collect
- How we collect Device Information:
- What we do with the information we gather
- Links to other websites
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Data retention
- Transfers of personal information outside the EU
- Your rights
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Your Consent
- Contacting Us
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information, including email address
- certain information about the device your are viewing the Site from (“Device Information”), including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are already installed on your device
- certain information about the individual web pages or information that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect Device Information:
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- If you have provided your affirmative consent, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Information collected through web beacons, pixels and buttons is collected directly by third-party social media platforms, like Facebook, and is used to facilitate advertising/retargeting marketing campaigns that are conducted on the third-party sites themselves and the Site does not participate in that data transmission.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim.
- To provide customer service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will never sell your information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Information sharing and disclosure
Information about customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our site, such as marketing and promotions. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of personal information outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing materials from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 4/1/2021.
P.O. Box 812
Hardy, Virginia 24101
email: info [at] lakelubbers [dot] com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.